Saving you time...
You can have full control over scheduling and managing the assessments of candidates, independently and in a secure environment without contacting NCFE.
- enter all candidates at the click of a button
- search easily for candidates using their names.
Saving you money...
Online Assessment offers candidates unlimited free resits (not including Functional Skills), whereas with External Assessment, candidates only get 2 free attempts for the cost of initial registration fee. What's more, if a candidate does not attend the assessment, we won't charge you!
Making your life easier...
We want the assessment process to run as smoothly as possibly for you. That's why Online Assessment allows you to:
- enter candidates for a remote assessment - this will mean that centres with wireless internet won't be disrupted
- view practise assessment feedback
- stop and re-start assessments for reasonable adjustments and emergencies
- cancel and un-cancel assessments
- request larger time adjustments for candidates who need it
- view the calendar as a drop down selection
- enter pirate candidates locally to complete assessment on demand.
Who can use Online Assessment?
The following qualifications are eligible for Online Assessment:
- Level 2 Award in Cleaning Principles
- Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles
- Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1
- Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2
- Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1
- Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 2
- Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology at Level 1
- Functional Skills Qualification in Information and Communication Technology at Level 2
- Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
What support is available?
To get yourself started with Online Assessment, we've created high quality support materials, including our Online Assessment User Manual and Technical Specifications.
Online Assessment User Manual
NCFE also provide Invigilation Training for all external assessments, including the online assessment, covering all the applicable regulations, centre responsibilities, Invigilators role and malpractice. Find out more and sign up to Invigilation Training.
Self Assessment Form
To confirm that you’re meeting all of our regulations as set out in the Regulations for Conduct of External Assessment you’ll be required to complete a Self Assessment Form which will be sent out to you on an annual basis.
The form is mandatory and will form part of your continued online assessment approval status.
If you require further information about the Self Assessment Form, please contact the External Quality Assurance team on 0191 239 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.