Check out the following ways that we strive to achieve this, including:
- communicating in plain English, without jargon
- responding to calls and emails quickly.
To communicate effectively, we’ll:
- be easy to contact during our office opening hours
- offer a webchat service from both the website and Portal
- provide information in plain English – we use everyday language and avoid bureaucratic language, jargon and acronyms
- provide our publications and assessment materials in the Welsh or Irish language, or in an alternative format, where appropriate and on request.
To help you to progress your learners from registration to certification as easily as possible, we’ll:
- confirm approval for any additional qualifications or awards you want to deliver within 1 working day of receiving your completed application form
- allocate an External Quality Assurer within 7 working days of learner registration
- provide on-demand online assessment for suitable qualifications
- send you Functional Skill assessment results within 6 working days
- send you multiple choice external assessment results within 10 working days
- award Direct Claim Status (DCS) for certificates if you meet our published quality criteria (please note if you have DCS and switch to NCFE, we’ll generally aim to honour your DCS like-for-like and will confirm our decision at approval stage)
- we will process your certification claim within 24 hours.
Support and information
To help you to deliver NCFE qualifications and awards effectively, we’ll:
- allocate your centre a dedicated Business Development Manager and Business Development Officer who can talk to you about your centre’s curriculum needs
- publish our fees in a clear format with no hidden charges
- send you our monthly e-newsletter and regular email news updates
- provide an informative and accessible website
- provide a range of training and networking events for staff from your centre throughout the year
- allocate an External Quality Assurer when you register learners for each qualification or award you offer, who’ll visit at least once a year to provide support and sample learners’ portfolios.
Helping us to help you
We rely on your feedback to let us know whether we’re providing the right kind of products and service. We carry out a number of surveys and focus groups throughout the year, but you don’t have to wait until then to tell us what you think. If you want to give us your thoughts you can email [email protected] or just pick up the phone and tell us! Call 0191 239 8000.
NCFE Complaints Procedure
Please see our Feedback, Results and Appeals page.
Got something to say?
Your feedback’s really important to us. If you want to give us your thoughts about how we could improve our products or service, email us at [email protected] or just call us on 0191 239 8000.