At NCFE, our core purpose is to promote and advance learning and our educational solutions have contributed to the success of millions of learners, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals.
We strongly believe in the transformative power of education and are focused on unlocking the limitless potential that educators have to improve both personal and career outcomes. Your goals are our goals – we want to facilitate people’s journeys, opportunities for progress, and change lives for the better.
With this in mind, our vision is to create a world where:
- everyone has the right and opportunity to access the highest quality learning experiences
- all learning experiences are proven to support the fulfilment of learning potential
- everyone recognises the value and critical importance of lifelong investment in learning
- all learning experiences are personalised to best meet needs and support the achievement of desired goals
- learners are prepared now and for the future, whatever it might hold.
What do we mean by promoting and advancing learning?
- Advocating, investing and raising the profile of learning (education and training).
- Influencing the design, development and delivery of progressive and impactful learning.
- Endorsing the creation and distribution of high quality learning opportunities.
- Engaging more people into learning to support social mobility and prosperity.
- Creating high quality learning opportunities that will support the progression of learners and beneficiaries, improving their life and career opportunities.
- Pioneering and investing in the creation and adoption of innovations that will improve learning outcomes and enhance the value of learning.
- Facilitating the generation and fruition of new ideas and approaches that will improve learning, particularly technical and vocational education.
- Education and training but not constrained to formal education.
"As a not-for-profit organisation, everything that we do at NCFE is underpinned by our core purpose - to promote and advance learning as a means of enabling learners of all ages and from all walks of life to achieve their full potential. This core purpose sees us constantly reinvesting into the development of quality educational solutions and qualifications, supported by innovative resources to expand our product portfolio and create a wider range of choice for learners, in line with the changing requirements of government and the workplace"
David Gallagher, CEO
Creating brighter futures
“As the first person in my family to be going to university, I’m really excited about being able to study Early Years at degree level.”
Amina, Kensington College learner
“Completing these qualifications has helped build my confidence by giving me the opportunity to gain work experience and develop my skills.”
Jack, Albion in the Community learner
“The support I received throughout my apprenticeship was incredible, it was so rewarding.”
Paul, Adult Care learner
How are we promoting and advancing learning?
Our core purpose drives everything that we do. But in addition to our core work in awarding and education technologies, we have partnered with and invested in, a number of organisations and projects to help promote and advance learning on a much larger scale.
This recently includes:
- Investment in World Skills UK Centre of Excellence – raising achievement for up to 40,000 learners in technical education
- Acquisition of Campaign for Learning - furthering the work of this impactful charity in the sector
- Investment in Association of Apprentices – supporting the success of apprentices now and in the future
- Continual contributions to the Helena Kennedy Foundation - overcoming social injustice by providing financial bursaries, mentoring and support to disadvantaged students