We understand that there are times when a learner or centre feels a learner’s result is seriously at variance with their reasonable expectations. An enquiry about the result can be submitted by a centre on behalf of the learner.
Our Enquiries and Appeals about Results and Assessment Decisions Policy provides guidance for centres to complete this process. Centres must have full support from the learner for any enquiry or appeal and so you must provide learner(s) signatures with the request submitted. Their signature will provide authorisation for both stages of the Enquiry About Results.
What can I submit an enquiry for?
- Results - Enquiries can be made for any external assessment that the learner has completed. The process has two options:
Option 1 – Clerical check. NCFE will carry out a full check that marks have been correctly recorded and processed. The request must be submitted online within 10 working days from receipt of the external assessment results
Option 2 – Reassessment. NCFE will carry out a full remark of the learner’s assessment by a different marker. A full report will be provided. The request must be submitted online within 10 working days from receipt of the external assessment results, or if a clerical check has been previously requested, within 3 working days from receipt of the results of the clerical check
Option 1 – Clerical check – NCFE will carry out a check to ensure that all necessary information has been considered in the assessment decision. The request must be submitted online within 10 working days from receipt of the assessment decision from NCFE
Option 2 – Reassessment – NCFE will carry out a full review of the evidence and the decision. The request must be submitted online within 3 working days from receipt of the assessment decision, or if a clerical check has been previously requested, within 3 working days from receipt of the results of the clerical check.
How do I submit an enquiry?
- Download the Learner Authorisation form, complete all the details and ask the learner(s) to sign. NCFE will assume that the learner has given permission for both stages of the Enquiry and for future appeals as applicable.
- Scan the completed document so you have a soft copy version.
- Complete the webform below making sure you attach the Learner Authorisation form to your submission.
Your request will be acknowledged and progressed in line with our Policy
Our Appeals process allows you to outline your views/grievance in relation to the results of an assessment marked by us, following the outcome of the Enquiry about Results and Assessment Decisions process. Please refer to our policy for full details of our Appeals procedure.
Any other area which has resulted in your dissatisfaction may be addressed via our Complaints Policy.
How do I submit an Appeal?
- Ensure that the appropriate stages of the Enquiries about results/assessment decisions have been completed. The appeal will not be accepted if these haven’t taken place.
- Complete either the Appeal Form or a report (full details are listed in Section 6.2 of our policy).
- Submit the document (either form or report) on the web form below within 30 working days from the date we informed you about our original decision.
Your request will be acknowledged and progressed in line with our policy.
Will I be charged for the enquiry or Appeal?
We may charge you or your learners a fee to cover administrative and reassessment costs. Please refer to section 9.1 of the Enquiries and Appeals about Results and Assessment Decisions Policy. You should also refer to our Fees and Pricing page.
If you would like any further information about Enquiries or Appeals about Results or Assessment Decisions, please contact Customer Support on 0191 239 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org