We’re currently experiencing high volumes of Reasonable Adjustment requests. We will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible, and no later than the published start of the external assessment.
If you have a previous approval report for your learner for another VCert qualification, you won’t need to reapply (unless there are additional requirements needed for the different qualifications), as we honour Reasonable Adjustments across the suite of qualifications.
Please note: if you are submitting a request that is past our advertised cut-off dates (below), it is unlikely we’ll be able to process this.
Make sure you’ve taken a look at our Reasonable Adjustments and Special Considerations policy, as well as our new NCFE Guidance on Accessing Reasonable Adjustments document before submitting a reasonable adjustment request.
For reasonable adjustments that require NCFE approval, all requests must be submitted within the following timescales:
- 10 working days’ notice prior to the assessment date or start of the assessment window, for any Application Required
(non-modified). For example: Extra time, Reader, Scribe.
- 15 working days’ notice prior to the assessment date or start of the assessment window, for any Application Required (modified). For example: Enlarged paper, Coloured paper.
- 30 working days’ notice prior to the assessment date or start of the assessment window, for any Application Required (modified). For example: Braille /Tactile diagrams, Modified Language papers.
Please refer to the Reasonable Adjustments Permission Tables, located in the NCFE Guidance on Accessing Reasonable Adjustments for the full list of submission timescales.
Failure to provide accurate information or supporting evidence may result in delays to the processing of your request.
Some reasonable adjustments are delegated to our centres and may be implemented for both the internal and external assessment components, without prior application to NCFE. Please see the NCFE Guidance on Accessing Reasonable Adjustments for further details of which reasonable adjustments are centre delegated.
Please note, any arrangements put in place must reflect the learner’s normal way of working within the centre, and depending on the reasonable adjustment, formal evidence of need may still need to be kept within your centre and produced on request to NCFE.
What happens next?
- You’ll be directed to an acknowledgement to confirm your request has been submitted successfully.
- We’ll aim to complete a review of your completed request within 3 working days.
- If we’re unable to agree your request, we’ll try to suggest a suitable alternative reasonable adjustment.