Our Study Programmes
Whether your learners are going on to further study or hoping to embark on a career, NCFE study programmes provide a structured and challenging learning experience, to give 16- 19 year old learners the best possible chance of success.
Each bespoke study programme is comprised of a substantial qualification, additionality qualifications and a work placement. Every study programme meets the requirements of the Department for Education and are supported by our high-quality learning resources and award-winning customer service.
Would you like to speak to someone about planning a bespoke programme? Contact us now for support and advice.
Tel: 0191 240 8833
Email: [email protected]
Study Programme Principles
NCFE substantial qualifications
Our range of qualifications cover a variety of sectors giving learners choice and flexibility.
- Level 3 qualifications aimed at post-16 learners
- each qualification is included in theDfE performance tables
- does not require work placements/employer involvement during the delivery
- assessed through a mixture of internal and external assessment.
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications aimed at post-16 learners
- assessed through a portfolio of evidence with no external assessment.
- suitable for a variety of learners, including those who underperform in exam conditions.
All level 3 substantial qualifications attract UCAS points.
Explore the NCFE range of substantial qualifications subject areas
- Uniformed services
- Travel and tourism
- Professional skills
- Music technology
- Art and design
- Renewable energy engineering
- Creative media
- Sport and physical activity
- Business and enterprise
CACHE substantial qualifications
From the leading specialist in health, social care and childcare, CACHE qualifications offer learners the best possible start in these growth sectors.
Tech Certs and Tech Levels
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications aimed at post-16 learners.
- provides learners with the knowledge and skills necessary for skilled employment or further technical study.
- include elements of work placement, allowing learners to apply knowledge in real work environments.
- details of work placements can be found in the qualification specifications <link> .
Explore the CACHE range of substantial qualifications subject areas
- CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care
- CACHE Technical Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education
- CACHE Technical Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- CACHE Technical Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)
- CACHE Technical Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator)
English and maths
Learners are expected to hold at least a GCSE (grade 4 or grade C) in these important subjects. However, those who have achieved a grade 2 or below or grade E or below can study an alternative qualification, such as Functional Skills.
Learn about Functional Skills
Because Functional Skills focuses on developing practical skills and applying them to real-life situations, it increases your learners’ chances of achieving the necessary maths and English grades.
Designed to complement a learner’s 16-19 full-time programme, our extensive range of smaller qualifications develops transferrable skills, improves confidence and helps with employment outcomes and support progression.
Higher level studies
- Level 3 qualifications for learners who are considering studying at a higher level and wish to develop their higher level study skills.
- Attract UCAS points.
Explore our range of higher level studies
Our range of employability qualifications supports your learners’ study programme and has been created to give them the best possible chance of success.
Explore our range of employability qualifications
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Award in CV Writing
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Job Search and Interview Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Health and Safety awareness
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Occupational Studies for the Workplace
We offer a range of useful qualifications which support personal development and a learner’s understanding of issues that can affect them and others.
Explore our range of extra support qualifications
- CACHE Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
- CACHE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse Awareness
- CACHE Level 1 Award in Sexual Health Awareness
- CACHE Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
- CACHE Level 1 Award in Stress Awareness
The qualifications we offer can help prepare learners for work experience, this being a key principle of the 16-19 study programme which helps develop career choices and improve critical employability skills.
Explore our pre-work experience qualifications
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Personal and Social Development
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Volunteering
Performance points awarded for one A’level versus an NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate (360GLH)
A level Grade
Performance Points awarded
L3 Applied General Grade
Performance points awarded
This guide has been created to support schools and centres with information on which qualifications have been approved by the Department for Education (DfE) and count towards Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 performance tables