English skills are a fundamental part of everyday life, as they help people to successfully engage and communicate with those around them, whether that’s in a social, professional or learning environment. So no matter what a learner’s future goals are, literacy and English skills will ensure they succeed.
NCFE has a variety of solutions to boost learners’ English skills and set them up for their future.
Functional Skills English
Available from entry level to level 2, our Functional Skills qualifications are a great option for a range of learners whether they want to go on to further study or the workplace.
Your learners will build confidence and fluency in English, and build a foundation for their future progression.
- a 6 working day turnaround* for online assessment results.
- on-demand online assessment available 24/7.
- a free resit option.
- automatic approval for the qualifications if you’re already approved with us, meaning no hassle!
- an enhanced level of feedback available for learners, including free automated feedback for online assessments.
- support from our in-house Curriculum team – English teachers who are on hand to guide you through delivery and answer questions.
- a large number of interactive learning resources, suitable for both classroom and workplace learning.
- certificates processed within one working day.
- an exclusive discount to the eLearning platform, Skills Forward.
- And more!
*from Spring 2020
For a quick overview of the qualifications and their facts and figures, take a look at our fact sheets!
- Entry Level English Fact Sheet
- Level 1 and 2 English Fact Sheet
- Entry Level Maths Fact Sheet
- Level 1 and 2 Maths Fact Sheet
To find out more about Functional Skills, complete the enquiry form on this page or email: [email protected]
Offer personal intervention for your learners with our bite-sized units in English and help boost their confidence and achievement.
Build a flexible learning programme for your learners and you’ll benefit from:
- content that is practical in nature
- the ability to mix and match from a huge range of units
- no external assessment
- high-quality resources
- exemplar assessment papers
- low administration.
To find out more about bite-sized English, complete the enquiry form on this page or email: [email protected]