New and easy access to our online assessment sample papers
NCFE has once again listened to our customers' feedback and taken action. We’re now happy to advise that you no longer have to book an online sample paper.
Whether you want to view our online assessment sample papers to check out the online platform, or simply look at our samples on your own or with your learner, you're now able to do this.
You can find the online sample papers here alongside our paper-based sample papers.
Our Functional Skills qualifications are online, on demand and supported by exceptional customer service – the NCFE way. We want to make your life easier - that’s why we’re easy to do business with, flexible and responsive to your needs.
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are designed to provide learners with the chance to gain useful, transferable skills in English, Mathematics and ICT to help them function confidently, effectively and independently in their work and life in general. They’ve been developed in response to the needs set out in the Government’s 14 -19 Education and Skills White Paper.
How do Functional Skills fit within the curriculum?
Functional Skills can be delivered as stand-alone qualifications as well as being an integral part of:
- Foundation Learning.
Strong English, Mathematics and ICT skills are essential in almost every workplace so NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are the ideal way to build learners’ work-related skills. They can be delivered alongside NCFE’s package of employability related qualifications to prepare learners for the labour market.
Who will benefit from NCFE’s Functional Skills?
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are suitable for a wide range of individuals aged 14 and above, who’d like to develop their English, Mathematics and ICT skills. No prior qualifications are required and Functional Skills are offered from Entry Level to Level 2.
Functional Skills qualifications are particularly useful to:
- Learners: young people and adults will develop important problem solving skills which make sure that they’re well prepared for employment, further learning and everyday life.
- Employers: this initiative will help to ensure that employees can apply vital functional skills in work situations which will improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Higher education: competency in the key subjects of English, mathematics and ICT will help learners progress to further achievement, and will help them to study independently.
Why deliver NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications?
The great benefits you receive from doing Functional Skills with NCFE are:
- completely on demand assessments for Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications
- your learners can sit their external assessments whenever they are ready – no marking windows
- results will be released 6 working days from the day papers are received at NCFE
- FREE access for all learners to ForSkills Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Tools.
Along with these fantastic benefits we also provide:
- both paper-based and online testing for the Level 1 and 2 qualifications
- one day certification turnaround
- great value registration prices including certification
- high-quality support including free access to our Functional Skills experts
- a dedicated Customer Support Assistant and Business Development team contact
- free sample assessment materials - both online and paper-based
- 2 free External Moderation visits per academic session
- Functional Skills training days
- Qualification Support Packs (QSPs)
- Amplification guides for all subjects
- Top Tips for exams
- dedicated Functional Skills area online with resources, FAQs and Chief Examiner Reports.
Did you know – if you apply for one Functional Skill qualification you’ll get approval for them all? All you need to do is apply online. Just add the qualifications to your shortlist and click 'request approval'.
How much do we charge for Functional Skills?
For 2016 - 2017 the price is £15.50 (combined registration and certification fee per Functional Skill qualification). The fee for re-sits for Functional Skills qualifications is £7.50 per learner per assessment.