If you want further information on our Functional Skills offer please contact your centre’s Business Development Officer or Customer Support Assistant.
NCFE have a wide variety of free support material available for all of our customers.
On the left hand menu you can click on the link to access the relevant materials.
Below you’ll find some additional materials that will support your delivery of our Functional Skills qualifications.
Free Chief Examiner Reports
We publish marking window reports for each Functional Skills subject. The Chief Examiner provides details on the positives and negatives of each marking window to guide you to areas that are doing well and not so well. These are generic reports but give you a good indication of areas to concentrate on and, alongside your free ForSkills materials, should help you identify where learners need support.
Chief Examiner Reports for English
Chief Examiner Reports for Maths
Chief Examiner Reports for ICT
Qualification Support Packs
Qualification support packs provide examples of how to prepare for delivering our qualifications and include templates which can be adapted by you for different delivery contexts and circumstances. They also include signposts to external resources which might be useful for tutors and assessors.
Qualification Support Packs are broken down into 3 sections:
- schemes of work, lesson plans and supporting delivery resources
- supporting document templates (for you to personalise for your learners).
- guides to best practice.
Are there any other benefits?
- they provide examples of how to prepare for delivering our qualifications
- some are in an editable format so you can tailor them to suit your own needs
- many also cover questioning techniques or methods of assessment
- they include templates which can be adapted for different delivery contexts/circumstances.
Click on the relevant level below to download your Qualification Support Pack.
Free Amplification Resources
Our Amplification Guides are perfect for centres that are up-skilling their vocational staff and assessors to support the delivery of Functional Skills and also for subject specialists looking for practical examples of how to explain the application of Functional Skills.
- show how the standards are tested in the Functional Skills questions and their mark schemes using the NCFE sample assessments as examples
- explain how the coverage and range is developed, using the adult core curricula to add detail as to what should be taught for each range statement
- illustrate the coverage and range with practical examples of how they are used in life and work.
These resources have been developed with support from NCFE centres and their feedback has helped to inform both the structure and the content. We also worked with a number of vocational Assessors and subject specialists who have used these resources to support CPD and the feedback has been very positive
English Amplification Guide
Maths Amplification Guide
ICT Amplification Guide