The government has launched a large range of initiatives to tackle the challenging issue of unemployment, including:
- the flexible Work Programme for the longer term unemployed
- the new Sector Based Work Academies which bring together training providers and employers to provide direct routes into employment through pre-employment training, work experience placements and guaranteed job interviews
- engaging with new Job Centre Plus applicants to provide essential pre-employment skills.
NCFE has a broad range of provision funded through the combined Adult Skills Budget that supports the outcomes of each of these initiatives. What’s more, in addition to our qualification offer, we have a growing number of single units that can provide targeted and bespoke training for unemployed individuals.
Providing pathways to employability – what has NCFE got to offer?
- Employability Skills
- Enterprise Skills
- Job Search and Interview Skills
- Job Search and Employability Skills
- Single Unit Registration
Which sectors do NCFE cover for Sector Based Work Academies?
- Arts, Media and Publishing
- Business, Administration and Law
- Education and Training
- Health, Public Services and Care
- Information and Communication Technology
- Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Preparation for Life and Work
- Retail and Commercial Enterprise
We can work collaboratively with you – give us a call on 0191 211 3800 or email [email protected] and together, we can map your whole provision, tailoring learning programmes to meet your employability needs.
The delivery of units to unemployed learners is part of the flexibilities available under the Single Adult Skills Budget covering mainstream delivery to 19+ learners.