Go the distance: build a programme for your 16-19 learners
We want your learners to engage in full-time programmes that excite and interest them. However, we understand that learners may not always know their career pathway or feel ready to set off on this type of learning journey.
We’ve developed employability programmes that support learners in choosing a vocational area that’s best suited to their interests and skills. That way, they can face an uncertain economic market with improved confidence.
This short vocational programme will:
- Protect retention and achievement
- Give learners the best start
- Support learners to make great career decisions / progress to a full-time programme with confidence.
We’ve developed a bundle of qualifications and resources to help you create, then deliver, excellent employability programmes for 16-19 learners. We created these bundles based on deep insight into what works for boosting employability and marketable skills.
Our qualification bundles include:
1. Combinations of NCFE qualifications which provide learners with the knowledge, skills and behaviours they need to succeed, such as:
- A programme builder to build tailored, sector-specific employability programmes
- Qualifications of different sizes and levels to suit the abilities of your cohorts
- One/any/all qualifications included in the builder can be used to create your programmes
- Support for you to embed your built programmes into your existing full-time provision
- Qualifications to improve learners’ independent learning skills, setting them up to progress to a full-time programme
- Opportunities for learners to study more than one bundle, allowing them to experience different subject areas before choosing their long-term focus.
2. A work scheme and session plans that show how qualification requirements can be met in an engaging way for learners, including:
- A work scheme for six weeks, which includes both guided and independent learning tools to meet all learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each component of a qualification
- Lesson plans to accompany each part of the 12 programmes.
3. Learning resources and e-learning content to support programme delivery, including:
- Teaching and learning support packs and student workbooks
- E-learning content packages for employability, digital, English and maths.
4. Access to relevant NCFE resources, including:
- Assessments in English, maths, digital, and employability skills
- Online learning resources to support Functional Skills, GCSE, and employability skills
- Individual skills plans tailored to the needs of each learner
- Progress monitoring reports to show distance travelled and knowledge gained.
Explore our programme builder to build a bespoke programme of learning for your 16-19 learners
16-19 tuition fund
£96m available for the 2020-21 academic year for schools, colleges and other 16 to 19 providers to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from Covid-19.