The College of International Skills Development (CISD) became approved to deliver NCFE qualifications in October 2016.
CISD was established in 2016 and is the project of one of Pakistan’s largest institutions, American Lycetuff System. CISD is based on the innovative idea of providing technical and vocational training in Pakistan.
By collaborating with national and international educational awarding organisations and universities, CISD is bridging the gap between the employers and a skilled workforce. Keeping in mind the inauguration of China Pak Economic Corridor (CPEC), and the current job market, the demand for a technical workforce in the fields of Hospitality, Travel & Tourism and Information Technology will increase to 500,000 by 2017.
CISD is located at the heart of capital of Punjab, Lahore. The central location provides easy access to public and private transport. The state of the art campus has 10 classrooms, 1 library, 1 early years teacher training lab, 2 kitchen labs, 1 auditorium, and 2 computer labs.
“It is an honour for CISD to be NCFE’s principal training and qualification provider in Pakistan; its courses ensure a combination of practical and hands-on skills with theoretical contemporary knowledge. The courses we offer are widely recognised and accepted by hotel chains, airlines, educational institutes and IT companies. CISD, with NCFE qualifications, aims to produce the finest skilled workforce for employers, to achieve global benchmarks.”
Dr Nadeem Kiani, Chairman of CISD
The College of International Skills Development Vision
To provide universally accessible vocational and professional education and training that leads to distinctive magnitude of international standards and success levels.
The College of International Skills Development Mission
College of International Skills Development accomplishes its mission by best ascertaining that all programmes are designed, validated and periodically reviewed with the involvement of staff, students, industry and other stakeholders. The college aims to achieve its objectives through a structured quality management system.
It has set the following objectives:
- to ensure a supporting learning environment with maximum facilities
- to devise a focused skill-based curriculum on future leadership
- to establish a system of monitoring performance and achievements
- to excel in on-going staff training and development.
NCFE Approved Courses
- NCFE level 3 certificate in photography (601/0376/0)
- NCFE level 3 diploma in photography (601/0377/2)
- NCFE level 2 certificate in photography (601/3391/0)
- NCFE level 2 extended certificate in photography (601/2625/5)
- NCFE level 2 diploma in photography (601/2626/7)
- NCFE level 2 certificate for the children and young people's workforce (601/3510/4)
- NCFE level 3 diploma for the children and young people's workforce (social care) (601/4149/9/sc)
- NCFE level 3 diploma for the children's workforce (early years educator) (601/5436/6)
- NCFE level 3 diplomas for residential childcare (England) (601/5368/4)