Peer Tutor catch-up programme
Support your students bridge the learning gap with a flexible and affordable solution.
As schools face the challenge of implementing effective COVID-proof plans and catch-up delivery, Peer Tutor has devised a catch-up programme to support Year 9 - 11 students. It has been designed to help take the pressure off teachers by offering flexible tuition that is accessible outside of the classroom at any time. It’s also an effective way to use your school catch up premium funding.
What is Peer Tutor?
Peer Tutor is a unique mobile app which can support students reach their goals, without increasing teachers’ workload. It provides students with instant support for homework and revision, accessible 24/7, delivered by verified, high achieving peers. Students simply upload a photo of the question that they’re struggling with, or work they require feedback on and a dedicated peer tutor will answer.
To specifically support those pupils in Year 9 – 11 the app has a bank of peer tutors available and fantastic content for those studying GCSEs across the following subjects:
- English Literature
- English Language
Schools are able to simultaneously support learners’ catch-up and minimise further disruption to their learning through ensuring pupils can access:
- real time questions and answers
- interactive live lessons
- 121 tuition
- high quality Collins resources.
You also have peace of mind that your students are in safe hands with enhanced features such as AI moderation for safeguarding.
How does it work
How is Peer Tutor different to other online tutoring programmes?
- The secure digital platform is the first of its kind, offering personalised tuition tailored to each individual’s needs.
- Peer tutoring has been proven to advance learning progression by up to 5 months; helping improve achievement rates and student engagement.
- Peer Tutor provides instant and on-demand help – no scheduling of lessons needed, available 24/7.
- More affordable solution, ensuring fair access to tuition for all.
- All live lessons are delivered by tutors who are DBS checked and verified and are of the highest quality having all achieved Grade 6 and above in their own exams.
What does the catch-up programme consist of?
The programme includes:
- block booking in groups of 20 pupils for 3 months support for learning outside of school hours
- 20 x vouchers credited with 120 GEMs (equivalent to 40 GEMs per month) - GEMs can be purchased in exchange for live lessons, feedback and Q&As
- monthly reporting to schools on usage and progress
- costing £2,400 ex VAT.
The catch-up programme is ready for immediate delivery and full support will be provided by the Peer Tutor team to enable schools embed the programme within one week.
Request a demo or register now
For more information about registering for the programme or to speak to an expert who can tailor our support to your needs, please fill in the form and a member of the Peer Tutor team will be in touch.