ForSkills are a well-established e-learning business offering a complete range of diagnostic assessments and learning resources to many of the best known training organisations in the country. Their initial assessment and diagnostic tool is available both online and offline to offer truly flexible and interactive testing.
Using ForSkills means that:
- learning is at the appropriate level
- skills gaps are detected during the assessment process
- teaching is targeted to address skills gaps
- you’re automatically signposted to units and qualifications learners can work towards
- learners are guided to resources mapped against these units.
As an NCFE approved centre, you’ll also be provided with free access to the ForSkills e-portfolio system, cited as being an excellent tracking tool by Ofsted. The ForSkills’ Skills Portfolio:
- performs real-time tracking or learners’ progress
- flags learners work when its ready for review
- runs management reports
- provides feedback on learner progress
- provides a repository for storing and recording evidence of learning delivery.
Additionally, through the NCFE offer, you will have access to the ForSkills powerful online management tool designed to store, update and manage a learner’s Individual Skills Plan (e-ISP). The e-ISP forms a key part of the learning experience and can be used to:
- set targets
- record learner reviews
- track students’ performance and record evidence of achievement - helping to support every learner on their route to achieving their qualifications.
So how does my centre get access to ForSkills through NCFE?
If you’re an approved NCFE centre currently registered to run our Maths and English qualifications, your programme contact will have received an email from ForSkills informing them of their log in details and a summary of the system. If you’ve not received this email or the programme contact has changed please contact your Customer Support Assistant and they will be able to assist you.
If you haven’t yet signed up to NCFE’s Maths and English qualifications you’ll receive your ForSkills approval email and log in details once you apply for approval to run our qualifications.
You'll automatically have access to 50 credits for the ForSkills system straight away to allow you to carry out Initial Assessments on your learners ahead of registering them on to the qualifications chosen. You don’t need to worry about credits as your Customer Support Assistant will monitor your usage on the system. As long as you are registering the same number of learners you are putting through ForSkills we will ensure that you have enough credits.
We reserve the right to:
- Withdraw the service from customers who use the ForSkills package but don’t register any Maths or English learners with NCFE. In this instance we will also charge you a rate of £5 per credit used. You won’t be charged if you don’t use any of the initial credits issued.
- Vary the number of credits issued per licence.
- Remove or amend the free service provided by ForSkills.
Non-NCFE customers or those customers who wish to use the ForSkills service without registering learners with NCFE can purchase the ForSkills service direct from ForSkills.