V Certs are the new qualifications of choice for schools who want to deliver flexible and engaging technical qualifications with clear progression routes.
V Certs are the ideal fit for your curriculum. They’re available in a variety of subjects, they’re GCSE-equivalent and they carry performance points too!
Why choose V Certs?
There are plenty of reasons why V Certs should be the qualification of choice in your school.
- V Certs can be delivered across different year groups and as a one or 2 year qualification.
- The learning and assessment is project and theme-based which gives you flexibility for teaching and learning options.
- Exemplar internal assessments for the internal units can be customised by you.
*We recommend a 2 year delivery model to give your pupils the best opportunity to succeed.
Rigour and application
- V Certs meet DfE requirements for rigour and balanced assessment.
- The qualifications are equivalent to 1 GCSE and their Guided Learning Hours (GLH) allow them to neatly fit into a GCSE timetable.
- Assessments are supported by a network of experienced external moderators and examiners.
Technical qualifications have been found to improve pupil engagement, achievement and confidence which in turn contribute to improved school data and results.
- provide pupils with the option to specialise within the broader creative sector
- create hands-on practical learning opportunities
- give pupils a chance to explore and gain recognition for their practical skills
- provide access to specific career paths
- open broad progression opportunities into Level 3 programmes and apprenticeships.
We’ve a range of FREE V Cert resources which will help support both you and your pupils.
You can locate the resources available for each qualification by visiting the qualification page on our website and then navigating to the ’support material’ section.
Support material and resources include:
Evidence and grading tracker
External assessment practice papers
Internal assessment sample tasks
Chief examiner reports
Webinars and events
Video resources and tutorials
- We’ll process your certification claim within 24 hours
- Functional Skills results in 6 days
- A host of FREE learning resources
- Dedicated Centre Support Assistant
- Your calls answered within 2 rings.