We understand that some schools and training providers may wish to deliver V Cert qualifications in 1 year.
We’ve provided some pointers to ensure that that you’re fully aware of the important steps that you must consider/be aware of:
- As the qualifications are designed around 2 year delivery, it’s important to set up a scheme of work to ensure you can fit in the required Guided Learning Hours so that learners are not disadvantaged.
- The qualifications are skills based, therefore learners need time to hone these skills and have time to practise to develop.
- Learners will only have access to 1 assessment opportunity in year.
- They will have the option to re-sit but this would be in year 12 and therefore achievement will not be recognised in the KS4 performance tables for these learners.
- The assessment window timescales can be found on the NCFE website at https://www.ncfe.org.uk/schools/v-certs/assessment-windows/ - it’s important to make sure that you’re familiar with this and have enough time to deliver the content of the externally assessed unit before learners attempt the examination.
If you are comfortable that this model is suitable for your learners then:
- It is vital to register with NCFE as soon as possible to ensure you have access to support from your dedicated Customer Support Advisor.
- Once you register you’ll get access to subject support from your External Quality Assurer.
- Get an early quality assurance visit booked in as soon as possible so that we can support you with your internal grading decisions.
If you require any further information or support on any of the points, then please contact the schools team at NCFE on 0191 2408822.