We understand that Dimensions Training Solutions Ltd is no longer trading and we want to ensure that no NCFE learners are negatively impacted by this. If you’re a learner currently completing an NCFE qualification with this provider, please contact our Customer Support team by emailing [email protected] so that we can support you in terms of next steps.
Media, Broadcast and Production T Levels
Media, Broadcast and Production T Levels – coming September 2023
It was announced in October 2021 that NCFE had been selected by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) to develop the technical qualification for the new T Levels in Media, Broadcast and Production.
The new T Level technical qualifications will be available for first delivery in September 2023.
View the outline content for the Media, Broadcast and Production T Level.
Backed by employers, developed by experts
NCFE is now working with leading employers, practitioners and providers from across the sector to develop the technical qualification that will underpin the Media, Broadcast and Production T Level.
Their input is vital to ensuring the technical qualification reflects the needs of the sector and sets young people up for success.
Find out how you can be involved in T Level development and help shape the future workforce for your sector:
Supporting progression into the sector
The Media, Broadcast and Production T Level will give students a route into a variety of careers within the sector including:
- Studio sound engineer
- Audio visual technician
- Live sound engineer
- TV or film sound technician
- TV of film production assistant
- TV or film assistant director
- TV or film director
- TV or film producer
- TV or film camera operator
- Media researcher
- Lighting technician
- Radio broadcast assistant
- Video editor
- Broadcast engineer.
What will the T Level cover?
The T Level will help students develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- The creative economy
- The individual in the creative industries
- Cultural context and vocabulary
- Audience and consumer needs
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Professional standards and conduct in the workplace
- Equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
- Research skills
- Project methodology and administration
- Continued professional development.
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialisms available in the Media, Broadcast and Production T Level are:
- Creative media technician
- Events and venues technician
- Content creation and production.