What are Traineeships?
Traineeships are short periods of training and work experience designed for learners who aren’t ready to take an Apprenticeship or start work. The flexibility of Traineeships offers employers the opportunity to help build a pool of high-quality future recruits for their sector and they’re an ideal opportunity for young people, aged 16-24, who are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Traineeships are made up of the following elements:
- English or English for speaker of other languages (ESOL)
- work placements (minimum of 100 hours)
- work preparation and training
The flexible element can be used to increase the study programme hours and draw down more funding. It can also be used to theme the Traineeship and prepare learners for a particular workplace
Why deliver Traineeships with NCFE?
Our unique Traineeship offer includes:
- A variety of fundable Traineeship programmes in different industry sectors. Please see our example Traineeship programmes.
- Free learning resources for many of our qualifications. We offer a range of resources from Sample Assessments, Learner Evidence Tracking Logs and a series of learner resources.
- A mix and match package to allow you to tailor your Traineeships to individual learners. With over 200 fundable qualifications to choose from including a suite of maths and English qualifications, why would you go anywhere else? Our Traineeship Builder is presented in an easy-to-use spreadsheet.
- Accreditation Services allow you to develop your own in-house training to suit the needs of employers, learners and local skills requirements. If you prefer to use your own training courses as part of a Traineeship programme, our Accreditation Team will be happy to help you.
How are Traineeships funded?
Please click here for information around traineeship funding.
Get in touch
At NCFE, we can help you to plan and deliver your personalised Traineeships programmes, ensuring your learners are prepared and confident in moving their education or workplace development forward.
For further information on Traineeships and how NCFE can help you, contact a member of our Business Development team - they’d be happy to help!