Funding Information

A number of NCFE units and award-sized qualifications are eligible for funding to support individuals aged 19+ who are unemployed and looking for work.

Which providers can offer funded units?

All colleges and training organisations that are registered on the Skills Funding Agency’s (SFA) Approved College and Training Organisation Register (ACTOR) and therefore an approved provider, are able to offer NCFE regulated units available for individual registration and certification.

Who will be eligible for funding?

The SFA supports the delivery of regulated units to a range of learners in a range of contexts:

Fully funded by the SFA

  • unemployed learners on active benefits i.e. Employment and Support Allowance - Work Related Activity Group (ESA - WRAG) and Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
  • other unemployed individuals who want to enter work and need skills training to help them do so. These learners can be fully funded, at the providers’ discretion, irrespective of whether they are in receipt of state benefit
  • OLASS learners.

Co-funded by the SFA

  • Joint Investment programme learners.

Outside of the above, the SFA will not support unit delivery on either a fully funded or a co-funded basis.

The SFA has strict guidance on which unemployed learners are eligible for funding support and we recommend you consult the SFA website for the most up-to-date guidance.

Centres can also offer units to employers or individuals at full cost where the learner or employer will pay for the training. This can be great for delivery surrounding skills gaps, introduction to other funded programmes such as Apprenticeships and can offer the learner the ability to begin the journey to gaining a full qualification if they wish to do so in the future.

Information on our qualifications can be found using our Qualification and Unit Finder.

For funding eligibility of NCFE qualifications recognised by the Skills Funding Agency visit their Qualifications: simplified funding rates page.

For a list of NCFE qualifications approved by the Secretary of State for pupils in maintained schools, and for under 19-year-olds in further and work-based education and training, visit Section 96 qualifications.

You can contact the Skills Funding Agency to get funding rates for individual units, or to request that additional units are considered for funding.

How do I confirm that a unit is funded?

Units within fundable qualifications will be automatically eligible for funding and will appear on the hub. You can search on the hub using the unit reference number.