Business as usual
Following Ofqual’s thematic review of Functional Skills last year, we wanted to let you know how we are going to be changing. Well the good news is we’d already made the majority of changes to our assessments before the review took place.
Our new look assessments are more accessible for candidates without reducing the quality. The changes have been applied to our Level 1 & 2 online/paper based assessments and we have released new sample assessments during the summer to reflect the changes.
NCFE continue to take customer feedback on board to improve our offer, this has resulted in:
- 6 working day results turnaround
- Improved ICT online platform
- Candidate Feedback Reports
- Functional Skills Training events
- Amplification guides
- Top Tips for Exams
Along with all of this we have kept our traditional support such as 2 free External Moderator visits per academic session, access to your External Moderator to support you between visits, qualification support packs, Chief Examiner reports as well as access to our Functional Skills experts and our outstanding 6 day turnaround for external assessment results!
So what are you waiting for?
Switch to NCFE for Functional Skills and be looked after by the UK’s number one awarding organisation for service – you’re in safe hands
Our Functional Skills qualifications are online, on demand and supported by exceptional customer service – the NCFE way! We want to make your life easier, that’s why we’re easy to do business with, flexible and responsive to your needs.
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are designed to provide learners with the chance to gain useful, transferable skills in English, Maths and ICT to help them function confidently, effectively and independently in their work and life in general. They’ve been developed in response to the needs set out in the Government’s 14 -19 Education and Skills White Paper.
How do Functional Skills fit within the curriculum?
Functional Skills can be delivered as stand-alone qualifications as well as being an integral part of:
- Foundation Learning.
Strong English, Maths and ICT skills are essential in almost every workplace so NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are the ideal way to build learners’ work-related skills. They can be delivered alongside NCFE’s package of employability related qualifications to prepare learners for the labour market.
Who will benefit from NCFE’s Functional Skills?
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are suitable for a wide range of individuals aged 14 and above, who’d like to develop their English, Maths and ICT skills. No prior qualifications are required and Functional Skills are offered from Entry Level to Level 2.
Functional Skills qualifications are particularly useful to:
- Learners: young people and adults will develop important problem solving skills which make sure that they’re well prepared for employment, further learning and everyday life
- Employers: this initiative will help to ensure that employees can apply vital functional skills in work situations which will improve effectiveness and productivity
- Higher education: competency in the key subjects of English, Mathematics and ICT will help students progress to further achievement, and will help them to study independently.
Why deliver NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications?
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are online, on demand and supported by exceptional customer service – the NCFE way. We want to make your life easier, that’s why we’re easy to do business with, flexible and responsive. The great benefits you receive from doing Functional Skills with NCFE are:
- completely on demand assessments for Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications
- your learners can sit their external assessments whenever they are ready – no marking windows!
- results will be released 6 working days from the day papers are received at NCFE
- FREE access for all candidates to ForSkills Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Tools.
Along with these fantastic benefits we also provide:
- both paper-based and online testing for the Level 1 and 2 qualifications
- one day certification turnaround
- great value registration prices including certification
- high-quality support including free access to our Functional Skills experts
- a dedicated Centre Support Assistant and Business Development team contact
- free sample assessment materials - both online and paper-based
- 2 free External Moderation visits per academic session
- Functional Skills training days
- Qualification Support Packs (QSPs)
- Amplification guides for all subjects
- Top Tips for exams
- dedicated Functional Skills area online with resources, FAQs and Chief Examiner Reports.
Did you know – if you apply for one Functional Skill qualification you’ll get approval for them all? All you need to do is apply online! Just add the qualifications to your shortlist and click 'request approval'.
How much do we charge for Functional Skills?
For 2015 - 2016 the price is £15.50 (combined registration and certification fee per Functional Skill qualification). The fee for re-sits for Functional Skills qualifications is £7.50 per candidate per assessment.