NCFE is continually improving its service offer, for example with the implementation of the six-day turnaround of results, which was a bonus for us. This fast turnaround has made it a lot easier for us to keep on track, especially during busy exam periods when we would previously have had a sudden influx of 30 or 40 results.
Our Functional Skills qualifications are online, on demand and supported by exceptional customer service – the NCFE way! We want to make your life easier, that’s why we’re easy to do business with, flexible and responsive to your needs.
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are designed to provide learners with the chance to gain useful, transferable skills in English, Maths and ICT to help them function confidently, effectively and independently in their work and life in general. They’ve been developed in response to the needs set out in the Government’s 14 -19 Education and Skills White Paper.
How do Functional Skills fit within the curriculum?
Functional Skills can be delivered as stand-alone qualifications as well as being an integral part of:
- Foundation Learning.
Strong English, Maths and ICT skills are essential in almost every workplace so NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are the ideal way to build learners’ work-related skills. They can be delivered alongside NCFE’s package of employability related qualifications to prepare learners for the labour market.
Who will benefit from NCFE’s Functional Skills?
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are suitable for a wide range of individuals aged 14 and above who’d like to develop their English, Maths and ICT skills. No prior qualifications are required and Functional Skills are offered from Entry Level to Level 2.
Functional Skills qualifications are particularly useful to:
- Learners: young people and adults will develop important problem solving skills which make sure that they’re well prepared for employment, further learning and everyday life
- Employers: this initiative will help to ensure that employees can apply vital functional skills in work situations which will improve effectiveness and productivity
- Higher education: competency in the key subjects of English, Mathematics and ICT will help students progress to further achievement, and will help them to study independently.
Why deliver NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications?
The six-day turnaround of results was the key factor in our decision to choose NCFE. Our previous provider had a results turnaround of at least four weeks which was unacceptable to us – NCFE’s six-day offer has meant we can arrange re-sits much more quickly if necessary to fit in with our tight funding and completion deadlines.
NCFE’s Functional Skills qualifications are online, on demand and supported by exceptional customer service – the NCFE way. We want to make your life easier, that’s why we’re easy to do business with, flexible and responsive. The great benefits you receive from doing Functional Skills with NCFE are:
- completely on demand assessments for Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications
- your learners can sit their external assessments whenever they are ready – no marking windows!
- results will be released 6 working days from the day papers are received at NCFE
- FREE access for all candidates to ForSkills Initial Assessment and Diagnostic Tools.
Along with these fantastic benefits we also provide:
- both paper-based and online testing for the Level 1 and 2 qualifications
- one day certification turnaround
- great value registration prices including certification
- high-quality support including free access to our Functional Skills experts
- a dedicated Centre Support Assistant and Business Development team contact
- free sample assessment materials - both online and paper-based
- 2 free External Moderation visits per academic session
- bespoke training and Invigilation Training
- Qualification Support Packs (QSPs)
- Amplification guides for all subjects
- dedicated Functional Skills area online with resources, FAQs and Chief Examiner Reports.
Did you know – if you apply for one Functional Skill qualification you’ll get approval for them all? All you need to do is apply online! Just add the qualifications to your shortlist and click 'request approval'.
How much do we charge for Functional Skills?
For 2014-2015 the price is £15.50 (combined registration and certification fee per Functional Skill qualification). The fee for re-sits for Functional Skills qualifications is £7.50 per candidate per assessment.