NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
Health, Public Services and Care,Health and Social Care
Learning Resources Available
Registration & certification fee:
Minimum entry age:
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
• how to work in end of life care
• the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
• how dementia impacts on end of life care
• the role of the care worker in time of death
• the loss and grief process.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
Learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a health or social care related area.
How is this qualification structured?
This qualification consists of 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand how to work in end of life care
• Unit 02 Care planning in end of life care
• Unit 03 Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
• Unit 04 End of life care and dementia
• Unit 05 Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
• Unit 06 Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
How is it assessed?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care, learners are required to successfully complete all 6 mandatory units.
The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
This qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas:
• Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification supports progression to employment and progression within employment in health and social care.