Essential Digital Skills
What are Essential Digital Skills qualifications?
Our Essential Digital Skills qualifications (EDSQ) are funded qualifications mapped to national standards for essential digital literacy. These qualifications are designed to meet digital knowledge gaps and provide vital skills for life.
What are Essential Digital skills?
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online.
Digital Functional Skills
As part of the government’s commitment to introduce fully funded basic digital skills courses for adults, they are seeking to reform the current Functional Skills ICT qualifications to a new Digital Functional Skills. The Department for Education recently released the results from the original consultation along with the final subject content for these digital qualifications. They have now launched a technical consultation which is open until 27 January 2022 which allows the sector to inform their thoughts on their proposal of how the qualification should be assessed ahead of the going live in August 2023.
Skills Builder: initial assessment and resources
Skills Builder provides EDSQ initial assessment and resources that are mapped to the new qualifications. These have been developed in collaboration with the digital subject matter experts who developed the national standards for the Department for Education, to ensure their effectiveness.
Your learners will go through a range of initial assessments so you can understand their current digital skills and competency based on their results. Then, we’ll provide an individual skills plan tailored to each learner’s specific needs with areas identified for improvement.
The easy-to-navigate platform is available 24/7, so your learners can develop their skills on demand at a time that suits them.
For more information on our EDSQ qualifications and Skills Builder, please fill in the contact form above.
Get in touch
Watch our webinar
This webinar details how Essential Digital Skills can support learners, helping them to progress in learning and employment.
Why choose NCFE?
When you decide to work with us, you’re choosing:
- 5 schemes of work that link directly to the qualification’s 5 sections
- A teaching resource pack containing PowerPoints for 23 classroom sessions, worksheets, spreadsheets and images to support delivery
- Learner workbooks to complement the teaching resource pack
- An onboarding session with subject specialist support
- 3 consultations in first 12 months of delivery
- CPD sessions and recorded delivery guides to help you to deliver the qualification to your learners
- A designated point of contact for any delivery questions throughout the session
- Skills diagnostic and assessment tools, developed specifically to help you support your learners’ individual needs through assessing their starting points
- Customer service with a 96% satisfaction rate and world-class Net Promoter Score (NPS)*, thanks to our clear service-level agreements, multi-channel service, end-to-end support with dedicated account management, curriculum planning expertise, and transparent pricing
- An educational charity with a 170-year heritagein vocational and technical learning, that is working with a network of collaborators to shape smarter solutions around the greatest learning needs.
*NCFE has an NPS of 81, putting us in the world-class category. Our customer satisfaction score (CSAT) is 4.83 out of 5. Statistics correct as of January 2022