Our LiveChat, email support and phone lines will be unavailable from 1-3pm on Tuesday 5 December as colleagues are attending an important business update and training event. If you have a T Level query during this time, you can email [email protected] or call 0191 240 8862. All other queries will be answered as quickly as possible after this time.
NCFE has an online assessment system that allows centres to deliver external assessments securely on-screen. We’re operating the most current version of this system, which is called Surpass, to ensure our customers and learners have the best experience possible.
The system is free to use and gives you full control over booking and managing your learners’ assessments. The system is secure and easy to use, and we have a full range of support guides plus our Customer Support team available to support you with using the system.
What does the online assessment system offer?
Ultimately, we want to make your life easier and your assessment process to run as smoothly as possible. That's why our online assessment system allows you to:
- Book your learners assessments within 30 minutes of them being registered on our Portal, so for on-demand assessments learners can be registered and booked quickly
- Book an assessment for up to 6 weeks at a time, and learners can sit at any point
- Monitor your learners assessments as they’re booked, sat and completed
- View results and feedback reports the instant they’ve been issued
- Deliver NCFE online assessments not only online (on a device with a secure internet connection) but also offline if secure internet connection is an issue (prior download is required)
- Prepare learners using practice assessments that are in the same format and environment as live assessments
- Pause and re-start assessments if needed to support reasonable adjustment breaks and any emergencies that occur
- Re-schedule assessments due to non-attendance or changes in circumstances
- Apply time adjustments for learners as needed in line with our Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments Policy.
- Understand How to Set Up a Home-Based Childcare Service (CYPOP 5)
- Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practice of Dental Nursing (601/2251/1)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (603/5058/1)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English (603/5054/4)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (603/5055/6)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (603/5060/X)
- Entry Level 3 Essential Digital Skills (603/7119/5)
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills (603/7118/3)
- Level 1 Digital Functional Skills (610/2808/3)
- Entry Level 3 Digital Functional Skills (610/2807/1)
- T Level Technical Qualification in Education and Early Years (603/5829/4)
- T Level Technical Qualification in Digital Business Services (603/6902/4)
- T Level Technical Qualification in Digital Support Services (603/6901/2)
- T Level Technical Qualification in Health (603/7066/X)
- T Level Technical Qualification in Healthcare Science (603/7083/X)
- T Level Technical Qualification in Science (603/6989/9)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Music Technology (603/7008/7)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Interactive Media (603/7005/1)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Business and Enterprise (603/7004/X)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Sports Studies (603/7010/5)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Child Development and Care in the Early Years (603/7012/9)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Fitness (603/7007/5)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Food and Cookery (603/7014/2)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Engineering (603/7006/3)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Social Care (603/7013/0)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Creative Design and Production (603/7003/8)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Graphic Design (603/7011/7).
And you must have received approval to access the system following completion of the below application form which includes agreeing to declarations necessary to continue accessing the system.
What support is available?
Once you’re approved to access our Online Assessment system, there are a number of support guides aimed at supporting members of staff involved with the different stages of the assessment process:
- Online Assessment User Guide – SecureClient Installation
- Online Assessment User Guide – Administration
- Online Assessment User Guide – Invigilation
- Surpass Viewer User Guide and Surpass Viewer Update video
- T Level Portal and Online Assessment User Guide
The technical requirements that must be met to run the online assessment system are outlined in our technical specification document. It is important that all devices being used to sit assessments meet this specification and that continual checks are carried out on these devices to check they continue to meet them.
The system itself can be accessed from the menu above labelled ‘Log in’ then select ‘Online Assessment’ or by copying the URL (ncfe.surpass.com) into the Surpass Viewer.
We recommend that users now access the Surpass platform via the Surpass Viewer. If you’ve not already installed this, download the instructions.
Online assessment registration
If you would like to register for NCFE online assessment please complete the form below, and a member of our Customer Support Team will contact you.
Log in to Surpass through the Surpass Viewer
If you haven’t installed this yet, use the Surpass Viewer User Guide.