Our LiveChat, email support and phone lines will be unavailable from 1-3pm on Tuesday 5 December as colleagues are attending an important business update and training event. If you have a T Level query during this time, you can email [email protected] or call 0191 240 8862. All other queries will be answered as quickly as possible after this time.
Remote invigilation support
Learners are now able to complete online/onscreen external assessments at home using our remote invigilation solution.
Remote invigilation allows a learner to be observed via audio and visual links when completing their online/onscreen external assessment at home.
The remote invigilation platform is safe and secure and ensures the security of the external assessment and the learner. Remote invigilation is provided by Surpass using record and review, where qualified and DBS-cleared Surpass invigilators observe every onscreen/online external assessment.
Qualifications available for remote invigilation
- CYPOP 5
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 in the Principle and Practice of Dental Nursing
- NCFE Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
- NCFE Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
- NCFE Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- NCFE Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- NCFE Entry Level 3 Digital Functional Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Digital Functional Skills
How does it work?
- Learners are still booked in advance of their online/onscreen external assessment through Surpass
- Learners will complete their online/onscreen external assessment on Surpass
- Learners will be remotely invigilated by Surpass record and review function
- Remote invigilation observes the learner via their webcam, screenshare and mobile device. Watch the Surpass video to find out more
- All remotely invigilated online/onscreen external assessments will be reviewed and any violations to our Regulations for the Conduct of External Assessment, Centre Instructions for Remote Invigilation and Qualification Specific Instructions Document (QSID) will be investigated by NCFE and raised with the centre.
What are the benefits?
- Centres will save time and resource – book the learners for the online/onscreen external assessment, provide learner instructions and we’ll do the rest
- Flexibility of assessment timings – learners can be booked within a 6-week window, any time, any day
- Safe and secure – technical support to learners 24/7
- Quick approval – within 48 hours
- Cost effective – costs are minimal compared to face-to-face invigilation
- Results released within 6 working days* of the upload of the online/onscreen external assessment (*subject to awarding)
What’s the cost of remote invigilation?
- Online assessment (60 minutes): £32
- Online assessment (over 60 minutes): £37.50
- Online assessment (not cancelled, or cancelled within 48 hours/2 days of assessment window): £16
Follow the below steps for what you need to do
- Get remote invigilation approved within 48 hours
- Complete the remote invigilation approval form
- Complete the NCFE approval form if not already an approved centre
- Read the documents, see tile on right side of page
- Watch the videos, see tile on right side of page
- Speak to your nominated Account Executive
- Check learners have the minimum system requirements
- Read more on how to make bookings
- Bookings can be made 48 hours before the planned online external assessment
- Talk learners through the process and support them to ensure they understand invigilated conditions
- Provide learners with the instructions and all necessary documents
- Share the videos with learners
- Make sure learners receive a system check email and their live assessment email
- Learners can access live chat support with any technical issues
- Learners should raise with you any unresolved technical issues
- Learners complete their online external assessment
- External assessment will be marked by NCFE
- Remote invigilation recording will be reviewed by Surpass
- Any violations will be investigated
- Results will be released
- Post results service available where applicable
- Book a re-sit if required