NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
What does this qualification cover?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for those responsible for safeguarding others.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should be at least 18 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but Centres may have their own guidelines.
How is this qualification structured?
This qualification contains 3 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding the Prevent Duty
• Unit 02 Understanding Safeguarding
• Unit 03 Understanding Online Safety.
How is it assessed?
All units are internally assessed using a portfolio of evidence.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People
• Level 3 Certificate in Working with Vulnerable Young People
This qualification may support progression toward the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.