Our LiveChat, email support and phone lines will be unavailable from 1-3pm on Tuesday 5 December as colleagues are attending an important business update and training event. If you have a T Level query during this time, you can email [email protected] or call 0191 240 8862. All other queries will be answered as quickly as possible after this time.
Welcome to our service messages area. This area is regularly updated with the latest information about our products, qualifications, processes and more.
We’ll also send you a monthly newsletter where we’ll highlight any key updates, and you can click through to this webpage to read the full details. We recommend bookmarking this page so that you can check back regularly for any updates!
Page last updated: 15/11/2023
Assessments and reviews:
- Post-16 reforms update: keeping you informed every step of the way: Throughout the post-16 qualification reforms, our aim is to ensure that you have expert guidance and up-to-date information to support you along the way. Take a look at our dedicated landing page to download our essential guide to the reforms, watch our FAQ videos and more.
Quality Assurance Policy for 2023-24: We’ve now published our latest Quality Assurance Policy, which covers what we’ll do to support you through the external quality assurance process, how to prepare for reviews, as well as what we need from you.
Functional Skills paper-based bookings over the festive period: With the festive period fast approaching, we’re sharing the last date of when learners can sit paper-based bookings before the Christmas break and the first date learners can sit in the new year.
Amendments to coloured paper options: As part of our ongoing monitoring and evaluation process, in relation to the presentation of external assessment papers in various coloured options for accessibility, we’ve taken the decision to amend the range and number of options available from 1 December 2023.
- Important V Cert updates to support your delivery: Read our updates regarding the completion of teaching and learning for the Model 5 V Certs, the withdrawal of Model 4 V Certs and the actions you need to take.
- Horizons qualification updates document: View our recent qualification updates and maintenance information, such as qualification withdrawals, new qualifications and qualification amendments.
Resources and support:
- Assessor and Internal Quality Assurers events: We’re now offering centres half-day remote training sessions for Internal Quality Assurers and Assessors.
- Functional Skills events: See our upcoming events to support your delivery, including our CPD session on ‘relatable maths’ which explores strategies to relate maths to real, everyday life. There will also be a session on ‘questioning techniques’ to use in your teaching.
- Monthly exams officer update: View this month’s update which includes important reminders specifically for exams officers, key upcoming dates for your diary and resources to help you.
- Professional Development Week: From 18-21 December, our Provider Development team is hosting a Professional Development Week, aiming to deliver a variety of live and recorded remote sessions to our centres that will support and enhance teaching and learning practice whilst also providing insight into our processes.
- V Cert examiner opportunities: We’re currently recruiting for flexible examiner roles to join our team across a number of V Cert subject areas. Find out more on our careers webpage and contact the Assessment Delivery team with any queries you may have.
SERVICE MESSAGE ARCHIVE
Explore a record of our historic updates about our products, qualifications, processes and more.Learn more
Explore our Horizons portfolio update from 2023 and beyond below to learn more about our current offer.