Our LiveChat, email support and phone lines will be unavailable from 1-3pm on Tuesday 5 December as colleagues are attending an important business update and training event. If you have a T Level query during this time, you can email [email protected] or call 0191 240 8862. All other queries will be answered as quickly as possible after this time.
Our values and behaviours are an important element of who we are as a business and guide our actions. They ensure we cultivate a purpose-led and high-performance culture at NCFE.
Values and behaviours
Invested in the learner
We’re here for the learner
Every decision we make begins and ends with the learning need. We believe in making a positive social impact, so we pivot to wherever the need is greatest and rally others to our cause – collaborating where others compete, openly sharing what we’ve learnt and reinvesting what we earn.
Behaviours that align to this value: collaborative and accountable
I build commitment to the cause
- I communicate effectively, opening up conversations and sharing best practice to build productive relationships
- I take opportunities to include teams from across the business, focusing on collective outcomes and adapting my style
- I make the most of our internal expertise by identifying strengths across our teams and sharing my own skills
- I encourage diverse points of view and listen to ideas that challenge my own, to produce my best work.
I step up and own it
- I take ownership for activities and play a hands-on role, to drive them forward to completion
- I take responsibility for my decisions and learn from past experiences
- I am a role model, setting high standards and going the extra mile
- I help drive my development, identifying skills gaps, seeking feedback and acting upon it.
Values and behaviours
Involved in the solution
We blend vision and action
We don’t just challenge the status quo, we challenge ourselves to resolve it. We combine ambition with scale and determination to make an impact. If we say we’ll do something, we do it, rolling up our sleeves and turning expertise into practical change. The bottom line is a difference we can point to.
Behaviours that align to this value: courageous and respectful
I challenge the status quo
- I take the initiative, using my expertise to make decisions confidently and proactively
- I challenge my colleagues constructively, to promote high performance
- I innovate, scoping out future opportunities to deliver greater
- I step outside my comfort zone, speaking up with ideas and getting involved in new work.
I bring out the best in others
- I value the expertise and experience of others, trusting them to act autonomously and empowering them to perform to their full potential
- I anticipate the impact my work will have on other teams and partners, so I communicate early and plan effectively
- I inspire professional pride, deepening my area of expertise and championing it inside the business
- I take a coaching approach, focusing on strengths and celebrating successes.
Values and behaviours
Inspired by the impact
We do everything for a purpose
Because we care for learners, we judge ourselves on outcomes. For us, progress must have purpose. Every learning experience should create opportunity that wasn’t there before. So, we act with insight and intent – identifying the most impactful interventions, setting targets, stripping out inefficiency and measuring the positive difference we make.
Behaviours that align to this value: insightful and purposeful
I gather insight that matters and act on it
- I am open-minded, assessing whether our data and metrics offer insight on the decisions we face
- I draw out connections from all the relevant information, to make evidence-based decisions
- I am inquisitive, using research to ask probing questions and discover root causes, rather than settling for easy answers
- I think critically about the cost and benefit of my actions, having identified the greatest needs and opportunities.
I take a solutions focus
- I prioritise activities with the best outcomes for my stakeholders in mind and can always evidence the ‘why’ behind my choices
- I see the big picture, aware of where my work fits into the efforts of the wider organisation to deliver learner value
- I am resilient, embracing change positively and adapting quickly
- I measure performance against our commercial and social goals, pushing us to put ‘lessons learnt’ into action.