NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
Health, Public Services and Care,Health and Social Care
Learning Resources Available
Registration & certification fee:
Minimum entry age:
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
• provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
• develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
• develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
• develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of the care and management of diabetes.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand diabetes
• Unit 02 Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
• Unit 03 Understand the initial care of diabetes
• Unit 04 Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications on our funding page.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objectives of this qualification are to:
• give learners working, or intending to work, in healthcare and social care knowledge and understanding of diabetes to support their role in the workplace
• enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
Hallmark Education resources
Understand Diabetes (T/505/1143)
Prevention and Early Intervention of Type 2 Diabetes (A/505/1144)
Understand the Initial Care of Diabetes (R/505/1148)
Understand the Treatment and Management of Diabetes (L/505/1147)