NCFE Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Travel and Tourism
This qualification has been allocated UCAS points. Please refer to the UCAS website for further details of the points allocation and the most up-to-date information.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification has been designed to give learners the skills to work in the travel and tourism sector. Learners will gain those skills by successfully completing the units required.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
The qualification is designed for learners who want to go on to higher level studies or into a relevant Travel and Tourism role, and is suitable for use within a Study Programme.
This qualification is part of a nested suite:
• NCFE Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Travel and Tourism (603/4140/3)
• NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Travel and Tourism (603/4141/5)
• NCFE Level 3 Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism (601/7934/X)
• NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism (601/7935/1)
• NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (601/7936/3)
• NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Travel and Tourism: Aviation (603/4141/5/AVI)
• NCFE Level 3 Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism: Aviation (601/7934/X/AVI)
• NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism: Aviation (601/7935/1/AVI)
• NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism: Aviation (601/7936/3/AVI)
What are the entry requirements?
Centres are responsible for ensuring that these qualifications are appropriate for the age and ability of learners. They need to make sure that learners can fulfil the requirements of the assessment criteria and comply with the relevant literacy, numeracy and health and safety aspects of these qualifications.
How is this qualification structured?
This qualification is made up of 3 mandatory units and learners must successfully complete all 3 mandatory units to achieve the qualification.
How is it assessed?
Internally assessed and externally quality assured.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
Learners do not need to be working to take the Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Travel and Tourism.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• degree in Travel and Tourism
• degree in Tour Management
• degree in International Tourist Management
• degree in Hospitality Managements
• Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
Learners may wish to apply for job roles in the following sectors/areas:
• travel and tourism
The UK Travel and Tourism Industry (H/507/8483)
Customer Service in Travel and Tourism (K/507/8484)
Preparing for a Career in Travel and Tourism (M/507/8485)