We’re looking for passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our current team of 150+ flexible workers.
We want to make a difference in the world of education. We offer exciting and innovative qualifications across the whole of the UK. We want to make sure that the people doing these qualifications are getting the best quality education possible, by supportive quality assurance that adds value to the learners' experience. If you want to help us do this, there may be an opportunity for you to join us and become a flexible worker with NCFE.
External Quality Assurer Roles:
Do you have what it takes to be the face of NCFE?
NCFE, one of the UK’s fastest growing, most innovative qualification awarding organisations, is looking for passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our current team of flexible workers.
We offer exciting and innovative qualifications across the whole of the UK. We want to make sure that the people doing these qualifications are getting the best quality education possible, by supportive quality assurance that adds value to the learners' experience. If you want to help us do this, there may be an opportunity for you to join us and become a flexible worker with NCFE.
We have a number of opportunities for the following sector areas:
(The role requires a minimum commitment of 2 days a week to NCFE)
Arts and Media - South West | South East
Prep for Life and Work - South Wales
Retail and Commercial Enterprise - North West | Greater London
As an External Quality Assurer you will be home based and support centres in your geographical area. It’s important that you live in one of the regions the role is being advertised for and are able to travel to cover a wide area.
A bit about the job…
As an External Quality Assurer (EQA) you’ll effectively manage the performance of centres in your allocated region to support regulatory compliance and maximise learner achievement. The main duties and responsibilities of the role are;
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all NCFE customers, both internal and external
- Carry out quality assurance reviews to centres and make sure that all appropriate systems and procedures meet NCFE’s requirements. These can include but are not limited to; Approval, Support or EQA.
- Sample centres’ assessment, grading and monitoring procedures as required to ensure that the decisions are in accordance with NCFE’s requirements
- Provide feedback and advice to centres where the criteria aren’t currently met and where the centre may wish to make further developments in their quality systems
- Complete and submit the External Quality Assurer Report via online systems within the required timescale
- Attend training events/conferences organised by NCFE.
- Assist the Lead External Quality Assurer in finding suitable portfolios for standardisation
- Organise and deliver bespoke training events as and when required and produce fit for purpose activities for the events
A bit about you…
We want you to:
- Hold or be working towards recognised qualifications in External Quality Assurance
- Have current or recent relevant work experience within the last 2 – 3 years
- Meet the occupational competence requirements of the qualification being quality assured, as outlined in the relevant qualification specification
- Be familiar with current information and guidance issued by the current regulators, (Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA Regulation) and by the Department for Education.
- Have experience of undertaking quality assurance in a regulated environment.
- Have current or recent experience of assessment and quality assurance
- Be willing/able to travel extensively, as required
- Have excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be fully committed to on-going CPD in the occupational area in which you’ll be working
- Have access to a PC/laptop with Windows XP or higher with internet connection
- Hold a full Driving Licence.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is friendly and approachable
- Is a pro-active problem solver and negotiator
- Has a sense of humour
- Is completely customer focused and passionate about education.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know…
If you think you have the skills to become an External Quality Assurer at NCFE, we’d love to hear from you! Fill in the application form above and send it to [email protected]
We will review your CV and covering letter and if we want to take your application further, we’ll invite you to attend an interview either face to face, Skype or by telephone.
Induction events and Standardisation events
We will provide you with an informative induction and in addition, we’ll give you standardisation and qualification activities to complete. You will be in contact with other EQAs in your team, so you are able to share best practice, ask questions and discuss any challenges you are facing.
We are currently recruiting for the following qualifications:
Sector Area / Qualification
Job Information Pack / Application Form
We are currently recruiting Examiners for the below list of qualifications:
We’re always looking to hear from anyone wishing to join our examining team, and as a result we operate a continuous and agile approach to recruitment. While some subjects may have more demand for examiners than others, we will gladly accept applications from potential examiners for any NCFE or CACHE qualifications. If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your completed application form to [email protected], including the details of all subjects you wish to be considered for and have occupational competence in. The subjects that we are open to receiving applications for are:
We’ll be in touch within 5 working days of receipt of a completed application form.
If you have any questions or would like any further information please feel free to get in touch with us using [email protected].
Assessment Associate Roles
Sector Area/ Qualification
We’re currently recruiting for Assessment Associates to write, review and scrutinise external assessments for the following subject areas:
You’ll be required to produce/review external assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) that meet externally set criteria and NCFE qualification and assessment specification requirements.
Summary of skills and experience
If you have the above experience in these subject areas, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
We are not currently recruiting for this role however if you are interested please email [email protected] with the email subject as - 'Interested in Assessment Associate role' and we will contact you when we start recruiting again.
We pay competitive rates and are happy to discuss them with you before you start the application process.
Need more information
If you would like more information before the application process, feel free to email [email protected].
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs.