Considering a career in social care?
Interested in a social care career?
This toolkit will help you find out more about the social care sector, so you can decide if this career path is right for you.
- Five reasons to consider a career in Social Care **
- Mindset characteristics for Social Care professions **
- Social care career myths **
- Social care career progression options **
- Skills for Care case studies **
Social care apprenticeships and traineeships
Hands-on experience is crucial for a career in social care. These resources explain options for entry and progression in the sector.
- Skills for Care - What is an Apprentice?
- IfATE Care Services Apprenticeship Standards
- Lifelong Learning – Let’s Talk Apprenticeships! **
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships **
- All about Apprenticeships **
- Institute for Apprenticeships occupational map