V Certs are vocational equivalents to GCSEs and count towards the Open Group of your Progress 8 measures. Designed in collaboration with employers and practitioners, they empower your pupils with industry-relevant skills and knowledge appropriate to a range of growing sectors, giving them a taste of what it’s like to complete real-world tasks and projects.
Our V Certs are designed to fit seamlessly into your KS4 curriculum. We assess pupils using project-based non-exam assessments, as well as external examinations, to give them the opportunity to achieve based on their skills as well as their knowledge.
New for September 2022
We now have 11 new V Cert qualifications approved for 2024 KS4 performance tables, which are ready for first teach in September 2022. The new and improved V Certs include some of our old favourites, as well as three exciting new subject areas:
- Child Development and Care in the Early Years (CACHE)
- Health and Social Care (CACHE)
- Business and Enterprise
- *NEW* Creative Design and Production
- *NEW* Food and Cookery
- Graphic Design
- Health and Fitness
- Interactive Media
- Music Technology
- *NEW* Sports Studies.
Why choose V Certs?
1. At NCFE, we specialise in Vocational Education and so we really care about giving you all of the support and resources you need to make V Certs a success in your school.
2. Our V Certs are designed with just two assessments – both of which take place in the certificating year – to ensure you have as much teaching time as possible before summative assessments begin.
3. Our V Certs are structured in a very similar way to GCSEs, and were designed this way so that they fit easily within the rest of your curriculum.
Save the date!
We’d like to invite you to our virtual V Cert launch event on Thursday 20 January. We’ve got some exciting speakers lined up to share their stories and will be celebrating the power of vocational education. We’ll also be showcasing our brand-new specs to give you a flavour for what is in store for V Certs in 2022, and will be giving you the opportunity to ask questions to our expert panel.
Download our handy document to see what’s changed from the current V Cert model.
Search for our qualifications
We’re here to support you every step of the way and provide a range of tools to help you get off to a flying start:
1. Free classroom packs containing ready-to-go teaching and learning materials
2. “Prep to Teach” events led by our Provider Development team
3. Regular subject-specific teacher continuing professional development (CPD) sessions
4. Dedicated support from your External Quality Assurer (EQA) all year round.
Talk to us
Simply complete this form and we’ll be in touch.