V Cert Technical Awards in 2021-22
This page was updated on 14 September 2022
On this page you can find information on the adaptations available and results process for our V Cert Technical Awards in 2021-22.
Results in summer 2022
External assessments for V Cert qualifications went ahead as planned in 2021-22 but with various adaptations in place. You can view more details on these below in the dropdown menu.
Take a look at the information on our results webpage to find out more about results and where you can find support for learners and parents.
Level 1/2 Technical Award V Cert results in August 2022
In the 2021-22 session, we offered an additional assessment opportunity for the qualifications listed below. This opportunity was scheduled for the summer, in addition to our standard opportunities in autumn and spring. Results from this summer opportunity were scheduled to be released on the same day as other equivalent GCSE qualifications, on Thursday 25 August 2022.
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Fitness (603/2650/5)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Business and Enterprise (603/2955/5)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Engineering (603/2963/4)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Art & Design (603/2964/6)
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Performance Skills (603/2960/9)
On this occasion, given the pressure on administering results release for all other GCSE results on that day and to ensure comparability with other qualifications being released on that day, we allowed centres to access embargoed results in the NCFE Portal one day earlier, on Wednesday 24 August. This helped centres to prepare for sharing results with learners the following day.
Results were shared with learners on Thursday 25 August, and post-results services were available from this date. Our external assessment timetable was not updated to reflect this change.
This change was only adopted for the 25 August 2022 results release and all other results will be issued on their timetabled results release dates.
Please note that the new results release day of Wednesday 24 August for these qualifications was for the summer opportunity external assessment component only.
Post results services
More information about our post results services can be found on our QualHub post-results page.
Adaptations for V Certs in 2021-22
Information on the adaptations we had in place for V Certs in 2021-22 can be found under the dropdown headings.
These assessments are completed in a set number of hours and the centre arranges supervised periods of external assessment within a set window. Synoptic projects are externally set by NCFE, internally graded by the centre and externally quality assured by NCFE.
As a reminder, in 2021-22 we updated our assessment variation process to allow centres to use additional test centre locations and we’ve adapted our assessments so they can be delivered in line with public health guidelines. All relevant qualification content must still be delivered, and assessment criteria met.
To further support centres, significant adaptations have been made to the conditions of the V Cert Technical Award synoptic project.
- adapted the delivery and completion conditions so that it can now be completed by learners remotely where required
- removed the requirement to complete within a set number of hours
- removed the requirement before completion under controlled conditions
- removed the timescales around submission deadlines and brought forward the release of the synoptic project brief so centres can plan their own delivery timescales around their own delivery plan.
Bookings for the 2021-22 synoptic projects opened on 1 November 2021 and remained open until the final submission deadline, which was 27 May 2022. EQA reviews needed to be booked before the end of term so that the synoptic projects results could be confirmed for performance tables.
You can find adaptations for our V Cert Technical Awards on the individual qualification pages on QualHub.
We also created some helpful videos to support you in exploring the adaptations available for these qualifications:
We understand that you may still be currently encountering more absences than usual. Our qualifications are flexible, and our External Assessment Timetable has been created to provide learners with multiple opportunities to sit assessments throughout the session, which we hope will support you in managing absences.
- If your learner is booked to sit a set-time, set-date assessment and is unable to attend, the preferred option is to book them onto the next available opportunity.
- If this is not possible, for example, if a learner needs to sit the assessment to complete the qualification imminently for progression, you can submit a special considerations request. These requests should be carefully considered and based on each learner’s specific circumstances. We’ve updated our special considerations policy with additional information and you can download the document here.
- Please note that we are assured that you have a process for managing and validating absence in your centre, and won’t require evidence to be attached at the point of submitting a special consideration, but reserve the right to request this evidence later if needed.